Behavior at the table says a lot about behavior in general – what do our children learn at the family meal table?
If families would go through the process of having meals together (without media) over and over again through the years they would learn about:
- Work and shared responsibility
- Family values
- Self control – eating things we like and things that are not our favorite; learning to listen vs. talk
- Children learn to sit, focus and concentrate
- Bible reading
- Manners, courtesies
- How to show respect to older people
- How to create a pleasing atmosphere (sometimes with music, lighting, flowers, etc.)
- Simple organization
- Event planning
Our family regularly eats 2 meals (and sometimes a snack) each day together. These days and times are priceless. . .I pray you arrange your life in such a way that you take time to sit down and enjoy your table with your family!
Monica is a Christian Family Heritage Contact Mom in the Dallas, TX area. Monica, along with her husband Jim and eight children have managed several home-based and online businesses related to good health.